Our client is recruiting for an experienced Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician to access candidates coming to the end of their apprenticeships.
Your experience would be needed to assess trainees who are at the end of their apprenticeship to ensure their knowledge meets the requirements of the assessment. Your knowledge and experience will play a vital role in evaluating trainees and reporting on their competencies.
- Have at least 3 years experience as a Fire Emergency and Security Systems Technician
- Confident with the use of Alarms and Security Systems including CCTV
- Up to date experience and knowledge demonstrated in the last 3 years
- Willing to travel to different locations i.e Watson, London and other areas
- Driving licence, own transport and willingness to travel to agreed regions within the UK
- Competent in the use of technology including mobile/tablet device, Microsoft Office, website navigation, emails and web conferencing (training on systems will be provided once contracted)
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to write clear and constructive feedback
Desirable skills and experience
- Hold an IQA qualification
- Have experience of assessment and quality assurance
- Understanding of end-point assessment
- Conduct end-point assessments as per the assessment plan and company guidance, policies and procedures
- Form and record judgements of competency against assessment criteria using agreed exemplification
- Score and / or grade apprentices and provide written feedback immediately following the assessment
- IQA only: Carry out sampling and observation activities in line with company policies and procedures
- Attend remote training sessions as part of a comprehensive induction
- Provide up to date documentation including evidence of qualifications, continuing professional development, any relevant licenses, or professional memberships/registrations
- Attend remote initial and ongoing standardisation sessions and assessor webinars
- Keep industry competence and knowledge up to date in line with assessment plan requirements
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please register your interest by providing your name, email address and contact number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.